Joyful Design is a creative folio created by Joyce Dyer. Since 1997, Joyful Design has focused on a variety of projects including nutrition and wellness, cooking, web development, print work, and traditional art and craft work. It is the vision for this site to provide creative and faith-based design ideas and as an online portfolio.
Be Joyful Always
Diagnosed with Acute Myoblastic Leukemia (AML) in 1993 and culminating in a Bone Marrow Transplant in 1996, Joyce is a firm believer that nutrition played an intricate part in wellness and healing process. Since graduating with a Bachelors Degree in Food and Nutrition at Cal Poly Pomona in 2013, Joyce has worked to develop a broader sense in the nutrition field including spending two years at AltaMed's Program of All-Inclusive Care to the Elderly (PACE) Center by providing service to the community's elderly population and currently at Hoag Hospital one of the largest healthcare and hospital facilities in Orange County.
Contact Joyce Dyer | email@example.com
- Menu production
- Bilingual Chinese
- Kitchen design and layout, purchasing inventory
- Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP)
- Supervising and training kitchen staff
- Microsoft Office highly proficient in Word and Excel
Webdesign & Develop
One of the greatest enjoyments I have is incorporating creative design and nutrition.
- 1997-present: proficient in webdesign and web development including
- Adobe Photoshop.
- Co-creator of Cal Poly Pomona's Food and Nutrition Department FN Forum Club e-newsletter as well as Food Digest Weblog.
Achievements & Extracurricular
Participating in school extracurricular as well as focusing on childhood cancer causes.
- Employee of the Month Hoag Hospital
- Peer Mentor and Web Developer for incoming students to Cal Poly Pomona's Food and Nutrition Department FN Forum, co-created a monthly e-newsletter for new students.
- Outstanding Service Award - Human Nutrition & Food Science Department, Cal Poly Pomona
- Long Term Terminal Childhood Illness Followup Study, St. Jude Children's Hospital
- Asians for Miracle Marrow Matches recruiter
- Phi Upsilon Omicron national honor society in Family and Consumer Sciences
Gussie Higgins Memorial LIFE Champion Award, Children’s Hospital, Los Angeles
Currently as a diet technician my short term goal to enter a dietetic internship and become a registered dietitian. This will help foster my long term goals including incorporating what I have learned through my internship to work in the community setting, provide nutrition education through well designed and creative processes, as well as participate and conduct research for long term childhood cancers. One of my dreamsis opening up a small cafe and bakery that incorporates wellness and delicious eats!
There are quite a few things I enjoy doing besides web designing, that help in relaxation and exercise of the mind and body.
- Cooking - especially Japanese, Italian, and Chinese as well as desserts!
- Coloring - popular adult coloring books, utilizing watercolor and color pencils, exercise hand-eye coordination and therapeutic.
- National parks - one of my bucket list's is to visit every national park, taking time to enjoy nature and hike trails.